Our Transportation Program began in March of 2010 as a way to bring older adults who no longer feel comfortable driving themselves to the J-Sei Senior Center. This program was designed to address two needs that were becoming more apparent in the community: poor nutrition and lack of social options for people who have given up driving. Transportation service is available on Mondays and Tuesdays to bring seniors to the J-Sei Senior Center for lunch, to a local market for grocery shopping, and even to certain J-Sei exercise classes. On Wednesdays, the van takes riders to a fun destination for shopping or sightseeing.
- Must be at least 60 years of age.
- Must be able to walk with minimal assistance and sit in van for a maximum of one hour.
- Each attendee must complete an updated registration form each fiscal year.
- At this time, our van does not have wheelchair capabilities.
FEE FOR SERVICE
- An $8.00 roundtrip fee to the Senior Center is requested for the van service.
- New riders always receive their first ride free!
Costs of rides to other destinations vary upon location.
|J-Sei Senior Center
1710 Carleton Street
Berkeley, CA 94703
2126 Channing Way
Berkeley, CA 94704