Reasons to Give
CONTRIBUTE: REASONS TO GIVE
J-Sei is grateful for the support of the numerous individual donors and foundations that provide over 65% of the income needed to fund our programs and services.
Based on last year's financials, this is the breakdown of J-Sei's income sources and expenses:
HOW CAN YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Volunteer - We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities. Click here for more information.
- Make an annual gift – any size monetary gift is gratefully accepted and put to good use right away. To make a gift, please click here.
- A monthly gift – monthly giving helps us plan better throughout the year. Please consider making the commitment to give monthly. If you are interested, please click here.
- Gifts in memory or in honor of someone – what better way to honor your friends or family or to pay your respects to the family of someone who has passed than to make a gift in their memory. If you have someone to make a gift in the memory of, please click here.
- Planned Giving – the most thoughtful and long lasting of all gifts is to include J-Sei in your estate planning. If you are interested in this most special gift, please click here.
- Fundraisers - Participate and contribute to our fundraisers throughout the year. Click here for more information.
Donate NowClick here to Donate
Consider these creative ways to make a significant contribution to J-Sei. Talk with your financial advisor to see if these options will work for you.
A Gift of Appreciated Securities
Do you own stock, bonds or mutual fund shares that you’ve held for more than a year and have appreciated in value? Are you hesitant to sell these assets because of capital gains taxes? By donating appreciated securities to J-Sei, you can:
- Receive an income tax charitable deduction based on the current fair market value of the securities
- Avoid capital gains taxes on the transfer of the securities to J-Sei
- Make a meaningful gift to J-Sei
A Gift from Your IRA
Do you have assets in an IRA that you don’t need? Consider donating part of your IRA to J-Sei. Here’s how it works:•
- You must be at least age 70½ at the time the distribution is made to J-Sei
- The distribution must be made directly from your IRA custodian to J-Sei
- Your gift cannot exceed $100,000 per year
- Your donation can count toward your required minimum distribution for the year in which the distribution is made
- Your IRA gift to J-Sei is not deductible as a charitable contribution on your income tax return, but you will not be taxed on the distribution
For more information, please contact Diane Wong, Executive Director at J-Sei, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 654-4000.
J-Sei has been honored to be the recipient of several planned gifts throughout the years. These gifts have allowed the organization to continue our core services while expanding our mission to serve multi-generational multi-cultural families.
We are extremely grateful to the donors and their families who have made such special gifts in the past – whose names are included below – and to those who have already included us in their wills: T. Toppata Trust, Daniel Date, & Anonymous
To leave a gift for J-Sei in your estate, include J-Sei in your will and name J-Sei as a beneficiary in your life insurance policy.
Please contact Diane Wong, Executive Director at J-Sei, at email@example.com for answers to your confidential questions.
J-Sei has five major fundraisers, most of which serve as community gatherings and social opportunities for the community. We hope you will join us for one (or more) of the following J-Sei Community Fundraisers!
- Crab Feed and Drawing - Annual community event in mid-February where we gather to enjoy fresh crab and great company.
- Feinstein Challenge - We partner with The Feinstein Foundation to raise money to combat hunger through our Nutrition Program. In the months of March and April, all donations we receive will be proportionately matched by The Feinstein Foundation. This is a particularly good time to give!
- Flavors of Spring – A dynamic food and wine tasting with live bands and silent auction in April.
- J-Sei Community Calendar - An anticipated community resource mailed to 2,500 households and businesses in November each year.
J-Sei's Business, Community and Corporate Supporters include the following:
- Alameda County Department of Adult and Aging, Area Agency on Aging
- The Bernice M. Hemphill Trust
- The Beulah Older Adult Fund
- City of Berkeley
- Daniel Date
- The East Bay Foundation on Aging
- T. Toppata Trust
- True North Foundation
- Union Bank